First full-length trailer for Netflix's 'Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events' gives us a better look at Count Olaf and his multiple personas

Image from Indiewire
By Darian Scalamoni
            The full-length trailer is finally here for the upcoming Netlifx show, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events and reveals plenty more characters and a better look at Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf. The show hits the streaming service at the beginning of 2017 and this trailer helps audiences get prepared for an interesting trip with this show.

            I must be honest, this trailer bothered me more than anything and it’s for one reason, I don’t buy Harris as Olaf. Jim Carrey did his incarnation of the character on screen in the 2004 theatrical feature film and Harris obviously had a hard act to follow but it’s not just the acting. The dearly beloved actor from How I Met Your Mother doesn’t seem to separate himself from the character as much. When I see him as Olaf or Captain Sham, I still see and hear Neil Patrick Harris doing a voice. It just doesn’t work for me.

            Other than that, it looks interesting so I’ll give a try but I’m not as optimistic on the show as I once thought I would be. It gives glimpses that remind me of the movie, but will it be as successful as the movie version? Check out the trailer and let us know in the comments what you think! Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events will be released in full on the streaming giant, Netflix on January 13th

Comments