New trailer for 'I Love Dick' has Kevin Bacon as a "Roman God of sex" in the Jill Soloway's new series

Image from Vulture
By Darian Scalamoni
            Jill Soloway already put her name on the map with the Amazon series, Transparent which just happens to be one of my favorite shows in recent memory, but she has another show up her sleeve that will hit Amazon in May. Soloway’s next show on the streaming service is based on the 1997 novel, I Love Dick and we have a new trailer for you right here.

            I Love Dick combines feminist culture, art, criticism and memoir starring Kathryn Hahn (who also has a supporting role on Transparent) as Chris, a New York filmmaker who is stranded in her husband’s writing suite down South in Texas. She happens to meet an interesting man named Dick who has a bravado and mystery about him that intrigues her and unleashes an awakening for her. The trailer plays very strangely and to be honest, I’m not necessarily sure if I know what the show is about or am I interested in watching. I love Hahn and Kevin Bacon is great in everything he does but I don’t know if I’m the right demographic for this show.

            Check out the trailer below for I Love Dick! The show stars Hahn, Kevin Bacon and Griffin Dunne. It premieres on May 12th on Amazon.

Comments