First trailer for Edgar Wright's 'Baby Driver' leads us on an adrenaline filled musical trip with a getaway driver

Image from Coming Soon
By Darian Scalamoni
            One of the most innovative and original filmmakers Edgar Wright is finally rolling out a new project and the first trailer was released over the weekend along with its premiere at SXSW. The first preview was a doozy and honestly might be my favorite trailer of the year thus far, providing a glimpse of action/crime film.

            Baby Driver follows Ansel Elgort, best known for his work in The Fault in Our Stars, as a getaway driver who suffers from tinnitus, a condition developed after a car accident as a child. He deals with this by drowning out the ringing in his ears and constantly listens to music to do so. It’s said that the movie was edited to the beat of the music playing on the soundtrack so this should be a unique movie going experience for all who will see it. I adored this trailer and for a movie that just cracked my top 30 for my most anticipated list, I wish I had put it so much lower. I wholly root for original ideas especially when they come from a director of Wright’s caliber so I think this could turn out to be very special.

            Check out the trailer for Baby Driver below! The movie stars Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Lily James, Jamie Foxx, Jon Bernthal and Eiza Gonzalez. Baby Driver opens everywhere on August 11th.

Comments

Popular Posts